What is Personal Information?
Personal and Other Information Collected by Comedy Kids
- Your name, mailing address, and/or email address
- For children, the name, mailing address and/or email address of a parent or legal guardian
- Telephone number
- Date of birth
- Purchase history
- Donation and fundraising events and history
- Forum/Guestbook communications and photos
- Complaints you may have about the Sites and any of their content and offerings.
We may collect information through technology for routine system administration purposes, to make our Website more interesting and useful to you, to manage content delivery and for various other purposes related to our foundation. We use this information to understand which areas of our Sites are most appealing or least appealing, or to deliver content that is specific to your country or area of residence.
For instance, when you come to one of our Sites, we may collect your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address. An IP address is associated with the access point though with you enter the Internet, and is typically controlled by your Internet Service Provider (“ISP”), your company or your school. Standing alone, your IP address is not personally identifiable. We may use IP addresses to collect information regarding the frequency with which Users visit various parts of our Sites, and we may combine IP addresses with personally identifiable information.
We reserve the right to collect, use and disclose your personal information without consent where required or permitted by law.
Why Does Comedy Kids™ Collect Personal Information?
Comedy Kids™ collects personal information for the following reasons:
- To provide you with the information, products or services you have requested, including processing your payment or donation;
- To better understand you and to allow us to serve you better through more detailed information, enhanced customer service and directed Comedy Kids™ promotional efforts of particular interest;
- To properly investigate and respond to any complaints, questions or concerns you may have about our products or our Website; and
- To determine your eligibility for our products and services.
- If you opt in to receive information, offers, promotions or other content from Comedy Kids™, your information will be used to provide you with offers for Comedy Kids™ products or information that we believe may interest you and to solicit your opinion on our products, services and information. If you have opted in to receive such information and offers, we may also use your personal information to ensure that your contact information is accurate and up to date.
What Kind of Personal Information Does Comedy Kids™ Disclose, to Whom and Why?
Comedy Kids™ may share your personal information with certain Comedy Kids™ affiliates, and their respective successors and assigns, but only to the extent necessary to fulfill the purposes identified above. In addition to this sharing with affiliates, Comedy Kids™ may disclose your personal information to third parties as follows:
- To Third Parties To Perform Processing and Other Specialized Services: At times, Comedy Kids™ may use outside organizations to perform specialized services such as, but not limited to, credit card processing and order fulfillment. These service providers are only given the information needed to perform those services and they are bound contractually to protect the privacy and security of your information and to limit the use of your information to the service being provided.
- To Third Parties in the Event of Legal Reasons: We advise you that we may disclose personal information to the government or other legal or regulatory authorities (i) if so ordered by a court of law, or (ii) for other legal reasons, such as (a) to comply with legal process such as a search warrant, subpoena or court order; (b) to protect Comedy Kids' rights and property; (c) to investigate reports of fraud or of Users sending material using a false email address or Users sending harassing, threatening, or abusive messages; (d) to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of our Website; or (e) in emergencies, such as when we believe someone's physical safety is at risk. In some cases, disclosure to third parties may be required by law to be without notice to you.
- To a Third Party in the Event of a Significant Transaction or Other Event: In the case of any significant transaction or event involving Comedy Kids™ or any of its affiliated entities such as, by way of example, a sale, merger, amalgamation, financing, re-organization, liquidation, or insolvency, other parties to the transaction and their professional advisors may need to have access to Comedy Kids’ various databases as part of the due diligence process. In this event, Comedy Kids™ would only provide such access under terms of a strict confidentiality agreement. Upon completion of the transaction or event, your personal information would be transferred to Comedy Kids’ successor-in-interest.
You May Disclose Personal Information on a Comedy Kids™ Site
Comedy Kids™ provides several opportunities on our Website and on Third Party Sites to disclose personal information, such as when you list upcoming fundraising activities on a user page or in connection with your use of other Services provided by Comedy Kids. Our Sites may offer message boards, conversation pages, profile pages, blogs, fundraising pages, public forums and other features in which you provide us with User Content. Your use of these features and your disclosure of personal information with respect to these features is completely voluntary; however, if you provide personal information when you use any of these features, that personal information may be publicly posted and otherwise disclosed without limitation as to its use by a third party.
How Long Does Comedy Kids™ Retain Personal Information?
We may keep your personal information until we no longer retain it, or until you ask us to delete it, subject to any legal requirements, including statutory retention periods.
Where is my Personal Information Located?
Non-personal or aggregated information is information that cannot be associated with or traced back to a specific person. When Users browse our Website, for example, we may gather information about the number of Users who are viewing each page so that we can learn what features generate the most interest. We also use this data, both aggregated and personally identifiable, to personalize and enhance your onsite experience by displaying content that we believe will be of interest to you and to deliver content that is specific to your interest. We may disclose anonymous, aggregated information about our Sites to third parties.
Links to Third Party Sites
Users may, through hypertext or other computer "links," gain access to other websites on the Internet which are not operated or monitored by Comedy Kids. Comedy Kids™ is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Comedy Kids™ of the website or content linked to. COMEDY KIDS™ ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY MATERIAL OUTSIDE OF THE WEBSITE OPERATED BY COMEDY KIDS™ AND ITS AFFILIATES, INCLUDING ANY WEBSITE WHICH MAY BE ACCESSED THROUGH A LINK ON A COMEDY KIDS™-OPERATED SITE. Unless otherwise indicated at an Comedy Kids-operated Site, Comedy Kids™ is not sponsored by or affiliated with the linked website, and trademarks used in connection with linked website are not trademarks of Comedy Kids. Comedy Kids™ specifically disclaims responsibility for any inadvertent viewing by a minor of any material intended for adults on a website accessed through use of a linked website.
How To Control How Your Personal Information is Collected, Used and Disclosed
You have control over how we collect, use and disclose your personal information. Any comments, questions or changes regarding the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information shall be directed to an Comedy Kids™ representative, as described below.
You may choose not to receive email from us, even after granting permission, by unsubscribing. Instructions on how to unsubscribe from emails that are not related to processing of your transactions with us are included in each such email.
A request for a copy of the personal information we keep about you, depending on the laws of your country, must be made in writing giving details with which Comedy Kids™ can identify you. Information will be furnished in accordance with applicable law.
Questions, Comments or Accessing or Updating Your Personal Information
Please note that certain information is required by Comedy Kids™ to process payment and fulfill any orders or donations that you may place through the Website, and if you withdraw your consent to the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information for these purposes, then Comedy Kids™ will not be able to fulfill your orders or process donations.
Users Outside of the United States
Involvement of parents: In accordance with the provisions of COPPA, we will notify parents when collecting personal information from children, and will seek parental consent before collecting, using, or disclosing certain personal information from children. Parents may review and have deleted their child's personal information, and may refuse to permit further collection or use of their child's information by contacting the Comedy Kids™ representatives listed herein. Parents may consent to our collection and use of their child's personal information without consenting to the disclosure of that information to others. Parents and legal guardians may contact Comedy Kids™ as follows:
PO Box 225
Millwood, NY 10546